When hosting a baby shower, I was looking to add some yummy low carb options to the party. Roasted brussels sprouts have become one of my favorite dinner sides, so I wanted to incorporate them into an appetizer option. They were for sure a hit!
- Brussels sprouts, cut in half
- Blue Cheese
- Olive oil
A small package of prosciutto (aprox. 5 oz) will be enough for about 24-36 brussels sprout halves, or 12-18 brussels sprouts.
- Preheat oven to 350º. While the oven is preheating, cut off ends of brussels sprouts and cut in half. Drizzle with olive oil and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, until brussels sprouts are tender when poked with a fork. Please note, they can take a little longer or shorted depending on the size of the sprout.
- While cooling, top each brussels sprout with a small piece of prosciutto, about a 1/2″ square, top with a small crumble of blue cheese of your choice.
- Place back in oven until cheese has melted.